Subject: Re: Why do we have cameras?
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 09:34:30 -0400

Ben,

You asked about my home page.

I do have a site, with a new OPALS page. But I am not using it for
photography, although all the gem photography there is mine.

I remain fearful of putting anything of value on the NET because of the
extent of theft of images. You have to make them so small that they are
worthless before they are too small to steal. It is a MAJOR problem for
photographers, and one that the kids on the NET do not get.

If you can figure out how much image exposure you want to have and what
resolution you are willing to risk, the NET is a great place to be seen.
I am finding pictures of my stolen and used all too often, and it keeps
me and an attorney busy handling each one of them.

The Oddmund thing has gotten worse and shows no signs of stopping. I am
not at all interested in his rantings. And I have now said so twice.
I am dismayed over the LUG, with such promise, and such absurdity.

Regards,

Fred

***  Visit my Gem Book Publishers site
***  http://www.erols.com/fward/