Subject: Re: Leica Lens vs Nikon Lens
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 14:23:54 -0500

Doesn't the EL have a tripod mount on the bottom like my ML. I mount mine on
a Maestro w/ gearhead quite frequently. Not kidding - its my field tripod. I
like them STURDY.

The lans shade slides over the front focusing element. Friction grip.
Occaisionally need to press the little lips in to make it tight. Does work
well and there is a definite advantage to having it.

At 08:47 AM 11/24/96 -0600, you wrote:

> For those who are wondering, the Minox is not used on a tripod, but
>I may do so if I can figure out how the heck to fit a camera this small
>with a QR plate :-)
>No filter or hood was used on the Minox, though I do take
>care to shield the lens from direct glare using the door of the camera
>itself, or my hand. Was not aware that a hood was available for this, the
>original Minox 35, and I didn't see any obvious means of attachment.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com