Subject: Oddmund is this, Oddmund is that
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:30:12 -0800

Oddmund is leaving.

Yes, at the very moment when millions of human brothers, sisters and
children are suffering, fleeing, starving or dying, a little "club" of
more or less well educated western *petit-bourgeois* are sitting around
their computers discussing their fetisch Leica cameras. Imagining
problems, repeating reference topics from their books, trying to
convince each other about this or that. Walking in and out of the
Whithouse (what a horror), some of them getting insomnia when they get
aware of "problems" or weaknesses within their M-babies. Such has is
been since I came in here.

If for instance, the objective was to discuss how to express an idea
with a Leica M, how to find a subject and create a relationship with
this subject (even with a stupid president), well, it might be worth the
labor. But I have been sitting here, day after day, week after week, not
seeing any development, no movement, just the same, silly dance with
words and empty "knowledge".

Turning around oneself like this is a sign of a crucial lack of ideas.
You have no ideas (most of you, not all!). You are drying up, and trying
to cheer you up a little with boring stories and technical "problems".
If I feel the dryness coming like this, I prefer a bottle of wine or
two!

Yes, I have been provocating. I find this senseless ethnocentrism here,
all these "offended" members, very pitiful. I used "Alta Vista" to find
some of the rubbish that has been presented on the Net by certain
members. It is very easy, and takes just some seconds. Try it if you
want!

There are nice members here, responsable humans, with "normal" reactions
and feelings. Many places, especially in the commercial showbizz US,
people like us are becoming "marginal". They call it "sub-culture" and
so on. The real sub-culture is the official crap, these empty "cultural"
exercises, which mainly have purely commercial goals. In the US, even
politics has become "show". Most Americans don't know what politics is
about any more. That is one of the reasons why the US is failing, and
why a great majority of the people in the world are hostile to this
nation.

I am leaving Paris for some days. Don't expect any further comments.
Send me a private e-mail if you want. It is so boring to see all these
threads with Oddmund inside. Shut up and move on now!

Oddmund

e-mail: garvik@i-t.fr