Subject: Re: Goodby
From: "Michael L. Gardner" <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:49:03 -0800

Bob Sperling wrote:

> I'm unsubscribing today, ... I just will not put up with Oddmunt and his ilk any longer.
> They ought to find another group.  Failing that hope, I will.
> Bob Sperling
It's too bad to read that anyone feels that they have to leave this list
because of unpleasant politicized discourse.  In spite of a few minor
flare-ups from time to time, the majority of folks on this list are
pleasant and civil and interesting to discuss our favorite cameras and
photography with.  I would think that we could pursue interesting and
thought provoking threads on this list without bringing adversarial
politics into play.  If I want stress and strife I can pick up a
newspaper or heaven forbid, turn on the television.
In relation to comments on Glen Thrall's point of view, it was not
pushed upon you via this list, you had to go looking for it.  As such
your comments on his point of view would best be directed directly to
Glenn if  you feel compelled to comment and leave it off the list.
Regards to all,
Mike Gardner