Subject: Looking for rangefinder technical information
From: KEVIN BURKE <KBURKE@iterated.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 96 13:01:00 EST

LUG,

Can anyone recommend good reference material covering the technical
side of optical rangefinders used in past/current cameras?  I have the
theoretical part covered but only a half dozen or so pieces of info on the
issues, performance, manufacturing and history of the rangefinders in
RF cameras over the years.  I'm particularly interested in the genealogy
of the Leica M and SM rangefinders but would welcome other lineages as
well.

Thanks a bunch.

 -Kevin
kburke@iterated.com