Subject: Re: born again
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 15:09:48 -0400

At 07:24 PM 29/11/96 +0100, Nicolas Levinton wrote:
[snip]

>Which is the frame number that allows you to expose the first photo -2, -1
>or 0?

With my M6, I can get the first exposure at frame 0, and can usually get 39
exposures on a 36 exp roll.  This is a benefit not usually brought up in
discussions of the relative merits of Leica vs. auto loading cameras.  My
Minolta 9xi will give me 36 exposure, period.  So my Leica saves me 10% in
film costs!

>Can I rely on the frame counting accuracy for let=B4s say expose a roll=
 until
>frame 12, rewind it leaving a little piece out, and inserting it again at a
>later time, exposing it at 1/1000s f16 with the cap on the lens and
>continue at frame 13?

If you are carefull about being consistent in how far you push the film onto
the take-up spool, you should be able to get away with what you propose.  It
won't have the accuracy of pin registration, of course.

Dan C.