Subject: Re: M3 No. 895671-What year?
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 11:28:04 -0500

Okay, since this seems settled that the old system is as good (maybe better)
than the new system, one last question. Does the M3 require the cutting of
the film similar to the screw mounts? How exact does this have to be, or
does one NEED the template?

At 08:51 AM 12/2/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Brian
>>
>>The rapid-load kits fit ALL M1/2/3 cameras.  Frankly, though, I prefer the
>>regular M3 loading -- it's slow but awfully certain.  In the '60's, they
>>used to call the replacement spools 'never-load' kits.
>>
>>I've had loading problems on every Leica from M4 on, never had any on the
>>earlier ones.  Took me years to trust my M6.
>>
>>Marc
>>
>>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!
>

>I'm glad to hear this candid opinion of the M-4 loading system. I thought
>that I was doing something wrong when loading my M-4. Likewise, I never had
>any problems loading an M-2.
>

>Robert Sproul, Lab Supervisor           sproul@psc.psc.sc.edu
>Department of Physics & Astronomy       Ph:  803-777-7355
>University of South Carolina            Fax: 803-777-3065
>Columbia, S.C. 29208                    PSC Rm. 508

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com