Subject: Leica repair (con't)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:09:11 -0400

I just received the Holiday catalogue from Calumet.  In it they advertise a
book entitled, "Camera Maintenance and Repair", by Thomas Tomosy.  Is anyone
in the group familiar with this book?  The book is intended for general use,
and is not specifically intended for Leica repair, but are Leicas discussed
in the book?

Another question:  How accurate are the distance scales on Leica lenses?  If
I were to undertake to adjust the second focusing screw that Marc mentioned
in an earlier posting, would I be able to focus on something, say 10 feet
away (based on the lens scale) and then adjust the rangefinder so that the
images coincide, and then do the same for an object at infinity using the
other adjusting screw?

Or is this a sure fire way to make a real mess of my camera?

Dan C.