Subject: Discrepancies between IIIc's
From: karabog@Hydro.CAM.ORG (Bogdan KARASEK)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 21:25:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'd like to get some more information on two IIIc Leicas that I have.
There are three discrepancies between the two cameras anb I was hoping that
somebody on this list would be knowledgeable enough to help me out.

Discrepancies:

1) the chrome finish
2) the speed dial
3) flash synchronization

IIIc, s/n 508418; dull, matte chrome; speed dial aligns with arrow BEFORE
the film is advanced so the speed must be set before advancing and cocking
the camera; no flash synchronization.

IIIc, s/n 480064; bright, shiny chrome; speed dial aligns with arrow AFTER
the film is advanced so the speed must be set after the film is advanced and
the shutter is cocked; there is a flash synchronization connection on the
back, about 6mm to the right of the viewing eyepiece.

In all other respects, the two cameras are identical.  Could somebody
explain the existence of these discrepancies?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,=20

Bogdan KARASEK  (karabog@cam.org)
Montr=E8al,Qu=E8bec