Subject: Re: Is my IIIC viewfinder inaccurate?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 06:51:33 +0800 (SGT)

At 06:31 PM 12/9/96 +0000, you wrote:
>In article <UWnRkBAL5xqyEwSJ@dircon.co.uk>, "Joe B."
><Joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> writes
>>Is my IIIC viewfinder seriously
>>inaccurate? If so, is this usual?
>
>Well I think I can answer my own questions now with yes and yes. I
>called my friend Sanjay at Ffordes Photographic today and he got out 2
>M6's, a IIIF rd, a IIIF bd and a II and compared the viewfinders in all.
>All the screw bodies' viewfinders showed substantially more than the
>50mm frames of the M6's.
>
>All of which leaves me now with the question of whether I want to use a
>screw body as a lens carrier for a 50mm lens after all. I *love* the
>look and feel of screw Leicas but the viewfinder thing has reduced my
>enthusiasm somewhat. A user M body is starting to look like a good
>alternative, and of course I could put all the M lenses on it too. And
>of course two M bodies does make a bit more sense than an M6 and a screw
>body I suppose. I'd be interested in other's views on this.
>--
>Joe B.

I am using both an M6 and a IIIf and when I use the latter, I leave a bit
more space when I frame the subjects to avoid top of heads getting cut off.
The screwmounts are very nice to use and they always attract attention since
hardly anybody see nice retro- cameras like these  anymore in the present
days of black plastic and automation.  I think you will enjoy using both.

Dan Khong