Subject: Re: Singapore or Japan
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 19:24:53 +0800 (SGT)

Hi George

>A friend of mine, currently stationed in Japan, will be in Singapore
>soon. He would like some advice on buying cameras. He claims that
>camera prices are cheaper in Singapore than in Japan. Can someone
>confirm this?

I cannot confirm that prices in Singapore are cheaper than Japan but he may
well be right.  There are hordes of camera stores in Peninsula Plaza, and
Adelphi which are close to each other.  My favourite dealer is not in the
above two but in a  northern suburb but it might be difficult for him to
find it.

>George Huczek  re: the Singapore swing

When in Singapore try the Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel. The
concoction is legendary.   Don't drive after a few.   BTW, the place has the
longest bar in the world.

Dan Khong
Singapore.