Subject: Re: Leica Books
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 21:02:36 -0400

At 02:50 PM 10-12-96 -0600, you wrote:
>I would like to do some reading during the Christmas holidays.
>Could someone suggest a few of their favourite books about Leica
>cameras, as well as books with photographs taken primarily with
>Leica cameras. Hopefully, even if they are out of print, I might
>be able to find some in circulation through my local library network.
>TTFN

There's a terrific book entitled "In Our Time, The World as seen by Magnum
Photographers",  by William Manchester.  It may no longer be in print (I
picked mine up in a second hand book store for $29.95).  I'm not sure if the
word "Leica" appears anywhere in the book, but I suspect that the majority
of the pictures appearing in it were taken with leicas.  I'm just flipping
through it now, there are a few "class pictures" taken of the Magnum staff.
Several have Leicas hanging from their necks.

There is one photo showing Robert Capa taliking with George Rogers in
Naples, 1943.  Their cameras (Capa's Contax and Roger's Leica and Rollieflex
?) are all in everready leather cases!  Times have changed for the
Photojournalist on the go!

Dan C.