Subject: Re: 50mm summicron: new or DR?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 21:37:59 -0500

Well, I'm NOT going to make any extravagant claims for either:  I've owned a
late-model Summicron and didn't like it.  I currently own both a collapsible
Summicron and an NF, and the latter is my standard lens.  The reversible
lens hood is easy to use, by the way, though a pull-out hood is obviously
better.  (The hood on my 2/90 also seems quite short, but it works -- never
had ANY flare.)

Why not borrow one of each for a weekend and test them both?  It's the only
way you'll ever find one which suits YOUR needs precisely.

Incidentally, there's nothing shabby in the collapsible or rigid
first-generation lens, either, or in the second-generation one.  All are
superb lenses.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!