Subject: Re: 90 mm f/4 rokkor ?
From: dlevy@worldy.com.plugplay.com
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 10:26:37 -0500

Can't give you what you ask for, but just 1 minor point. The Elmar-C does
not have the same focusing cam (system) as Leica for M series. Supposively,
it won't mate and focus correctly. The Rokkor has the same (or capatable)
arrangement and though designed for the Minolta line, will work with the M
series. Also, the Elmar-C has a 39mm front thread while the Rokkor has a
40.5mm front. THAT can be a disadvantage if you have a system geared to
39mm. I haven't found an adaptor yet to mount either 39mm or 40,5mm screw
filters on the other size. Therefore, I do have a set of series adaptors
with series VI filters. I have the Rokkor and find it to be an excellent
lens. Since I use mostly XP2, I don't need larger aperatures, but do use ND
filters very often.

At 07:12 PM 12/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I have just acquired the 90 mm f/4 Rokkor lens for M series.  I know
>that this is the same as the 90 mm f/4 Elmar-C made for the CL. What
>I would like to hear from the group is what if any differences there
>is to the Tele-Elmarit f/2.8 which is very similar in look and feel?
>
>Ernie Nitka

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com