Subject: Re: 24mm R lens + polariser?
From: "Joe B." <Joe@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 18:40:58 +0000

In article <3.0.32.19961213172350.0073753c@inow.com>, Jim Brick
<jimbrick@visualimpressions.com> writes
>I also have a B+W 62EW circ pol that I use on the 24mm (with
>B+W 62-60 reducing adapter). With this I can screw in a B+W 82EW KR-3 or
>KR-6 if I need a warming filter in addition to the polarizer. The outside
>thread of the 62EW is 82mm. I have been using the above for many years with
>no problems.

This is very interesting- thanks for the suggestion. I just happen to
have a B + W EW filter holder which will screw into an 82mm thread.
Which raises interesting possibilities such as warming filters as
suggested above, or 24mm Elmarit plus polariser plus deep yellow filter
for infrared Ektachrome. That is something I'd love to try. But I must
say, if anyone had told me how much I was going to spend on filters
three years ago I'd have thought they were insane. Now I would reserve
that diagnosis for rather closer to home...
- --
Joe B.