Subject: curious minolta TM lens
From: Arthur Wouk <awouk@nilenet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 12:54:26 -0700

i have acquired, in my collecting of leica and leica copy cameras,
some of the early minolta 35  cameras Ia-f and II. along with them i
acquired a tele-rokkor f5.6 11cm lens. this is a very heavy all
chrome lens, so it would date to 1950-55, i guess, by comparing it
with other, canon, lenses of the that vintage and weight. also, it
comes packaged much the way that canon lenses of that vintage have
been found, in a leather case with a pull out disk in the inside top
uncovering a viewfinder. but an 11cm 5.6 seems awfully slow for that
era, when canon, nikon and leica were all offering f4 or slightly later
f3.5 from 90mm to 135mm. it is one heavy brute, much heavier than the
canon 90mm.

now at one point, minolta went from an odd size film image (24x34) to
standard 24x36. my questions are twofold:

1) has anyone else actually used this lens on a leica?

2) does it cover the smaller film image, or the larger one.

the lens doesn't seem to be listed anywhere that i can check. but i
have it in my hand now as i type (yes i just felt it to make that a
true statement:-)).

(if there is a minolta historical society, could anyone point me
towards them, please.)