Subject: Re: Leica meter MR-4
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 08:43:49 -0700 (MST)

but Dan's suggested procedure was sensible enough that I don't think you had to
>be alarmed.

If you are going to paraphrase and edit my posts, please comment only on my
statements which have been copied in their entirety and in context: There
were TWO (2) different procedures suggested to Ian. How could they both be
right? There is one procedure in the original Metrawatt manual. Could this
also be right?

Every meter I own, including my MR-4 seems to have a curved scale, where the
higher values result from the needle moving a greater distance between known
intervals (stops). Is your MR-4 different? Choose a range of numbers, say 0
to 10. Now square each of the integer values in that scale and plot them.
What does the curve look like? Is it "linear"?

I happen to like Dan C. quite alot. He's interesting and smart. He's always
been helpful, as far as I've seen. It seems that you're trying to make my
assertion into an attack on him. It was not. If I offended him, I apologize.

Regards,

ben