Subject: Flare Problem in M6
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 21:04:31 -0700 (MST)

Dear Mr. Scheele,

I read your post that was forwarded by Hans to the Leica Users Group
regarding the flare problem you have. I have the same problem with my M6 and
my M4-P. The problem occurs most often indoors in bright diffuse light such
as comes from a window. It is annoying at best and there seems no permanent
answer at hand. My hands are of a normal size and as such cannot focus and
cover the window at the same time. I have come up with a little trick though
that you might find useful.

Thread your camera strap through a rubber band with diameter sufficient to
go around the body of your camera. Use a folded sheet of lens cleaning
tissue to cover the brightline illumination window and secure it with the
rubber band. This works very well AND doesn't require any adhesive or tape.
When you don't need it just move the rubber band back over the strap and
it's out of the way.

Be sure to use only original Leica rubber bands as any others may void your
warranty.

Regards,

ben holmes
boulder, co