Subject: Re: Leica Repairs Help
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 19:05:22 -0500

At 11:01 AM 19-12-96 -0800, Mathew wrote:

>I hope that this has not been covered in the recent thread regarding
>Leica Repairs.
>..[snip]...
> Anyway, My question is, has anyone on
>this group sent their reflex equipment to Leica, and how was their
>experiences? Can anyone guestimate how much it is going to cost me to
>get this problem fixed? Any suggestions?

I posted a bit on this a few days ago, but what the hey, its Christmas!

Kindermann is now the official Leica people for Canada.  They quote the
following for repairs to R4s.

R4 "MK-5" models (1st 10000 cameras - mainly "R4-Mot")  $500 with only a 3
month warranty on repairs.

R4  "MK-9" & up, R4s, R4s-2, R4s-P   $320, with 1-year warranty.

These prices are for CLA.  If major component parts are required, additional
charges will apply.

You can call them at 1-800-361-9682

And no, I don't want to buy an R4!

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@microtec.net>