Subject: Re: White Paint
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: 20 Dec 96 22:47:34 -0600

>Does anyone have a tried and true procedure for refilling the white paint
in
>the engraving on a leica? I've several lenses and a body that have lost
most
>of the fill in the engraving and it bugs the hell out of me.

Very simple on deep, narrow engravings: I use acylic paint and simply
gently scrape off excess while the paint has begun to set, but is still a
little soft) with fingernails or a piece of wood. On wider, stamped-in
markings such as those found on the R-series or M4-2, a fine brush and a
steady hand are called for. I've been doing this sort of thing for so long,
that I guess it's sort of routine for me.
Specializing in interesting, quality junk.
Sherline items sought