Subject: Leica
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 23:58:38 -0800

I wonder what the record is for the length of time that this group can
go without a flareup of some kind.
I can't imagine why anyone should be excluded from this group if they
have an interest in the marque and exhibit reasonable taste in their
posts.
I've learned a lot in my months as a LUGer and read everyones comments
with interest.  The spirit of sharing and learning is not enhanced by
mean spiritedness of a few.

On another note, in the JAN/FEB 97 issue of PHOTO TECHNIQUES, it is
mentioned that Leica showed a digital
scanning type studio camera at PHOTKINA that uses M and R lenses.
Compatible with PC's and Macs with an image area of 36x36mm.  Connection
to a computer is by fiber optic cable.  Maybe they started working on an
M7 and got carried away. Hmmm.

My best wishes to all for a joyous holiday season and a happy and
productive New Year.

Mike Gardner
Ashford, Connecticut USA