Subject: Re: Leica Hedge
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 96 13:09:57 -0800

Bob,

I think the TVS is a very rugged and reliable camera. The electronics are
well protected inside the titanium body. Modern camera chips are seldom
down. What about the EOS-system, or the F4/F5? The TVS is not
"tropicalized", but it is a heavy duty camera. I don't care about the
luxurious look, I care about a shockproof camera, anti-corrosiveness and
light weight. I have all that in my TVS. I'm not worried about battery
power, "everything" is battery powered nowadays. I just bring some extra.
They are so light and small.

I had a T2 during a couple of years. It is a simple camera to use, and very
reliable. It fell down several times, but I never had it repaired. It wasn't
necessary. When my former M6 fell down once, I didn't have a backup camera,
so I "lost" a lot of pictures, and I had to have the rangefinder repaired
for almost $900...

I like this mini/minimum equipment concept, and it works! Of course I never
go far away without at least a couple of backup cameras. I have two Rollei
35's, which are excellent, manual cameras. I might buy another T2, but I'm
waiting to see if they will come out with a new T3 soon. The T2 has been out
for many years already.

I won't buy another M6. It is too expensive for what it is. I was always
worried with the M in hand, or in the pocket. I like it better now with
these small, light, "invisible" cameras. Even the B&W film-in cameras give
satisfaction, when it's dangerous and you have to bring back *any* picture.

Regards,

Oddmund

PS: Sorry about the Christmas tree at the end of my "Re: Don Chatterton"
message. It does not belong to me. It think it belongs to Bob McClelland
(UK), or maybe he found it somewhere? I had copied it to my signature file
by error...
Anyway, it looks nice!