Subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Gentlemen
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 96 14:06:36 -0800

Well, we have been thinking about this whaling project for quite a while,
but it is very difficult to carry through. It is difficult to persuade
people about our "good" intentions. In the beginning our project was
considered as another Greenpeace action. People we met in Norway are a bit
fed up of "foreign propaganda", and are quite suspicious. I am not really a
foreigner in Norway, but you know, not being "one of us" makes you "one of
the others" and so on.

We will go back there later. And we will try to get to Japan as well.
Difficult to find sponsors for such projects, so we have to pay most of it
ourselves. God damn, we live only once, and if we loose some of the lousy
money, we have for sure other pleasures, here or elsewhere!

God Jul!

Oddmund

PS: The Leica M is a nice system, but I'm trying out other solutions now.
Maybe I'll "come back" to the community one day. Who knows?