Subject: Re: Advice on a trade
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 12:44:06 -0500

Ben

My point can hardly be construed, even by the most paranoid, as a 'flogging'.

Your initial post was of taking photographs of the face AND hands of your
(age-unspecified) child;  I properly suggested it was an infant.  Your
figures are that you child possess a face 6" wide and your 90mm lens will
cover, at its closest, 8.9".  Thus, it strikes me that, with the hands
included, the 90mm will fill your needs perfectly.

You NOW, in your second missive, throw in a refusal to crop and a wish to
photograph just one eye.  I agree with your suggestion that a Leica M will
not fit your needs unless you used a 50mm NF/DR Summicron or a SOOKY or the
like.

As to cumbersome, I find all SLR's cumbersome, and I would find it
especially annoying to have to use TWO different systems.  But you might not
find it so.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!