Subject: Re: Advice on a trade
From: Chris Fortunko <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 12:08:53 -0700

Ben,

You might also look at something like a 90mm or 135mm lens on a Bellows II
adapter, if you insist on a Leica lens. Using the 50mm DR lens might not
give you the results you expect. For example, the nose will be out of
proportion.

In fact, you can get a 135mm Elmar for you camera and get the result you
desire at relatively low cost in $.

The Nikon F3HP camera is very fine and I have no problem with it. However, I
agree with Marc that it is a different system. In my opinion, one should
learn to get the maximum out of one system.

Of course, if 35mm does not meet all of your needs, then you should consider
a different format. For example, why not an 8by10 with an appropriate lens.

I have often considered buying a Nikon F3HP, but decided against it.
Discipline is good in photography and in general.

Chris