Subject: Re: Minizoom
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 96 02:00:09 -0800

>My partial solution to this problem was to buy my wife a Leica Mini-Zoom. It
>is a wonderful camera for most family occasions and takes sharp pictures too.

I've had mine for a little over a year now. It continues to amaze me with
its
utter simplicity in use and the fantastic images its lens can render. I'm
using
it a bit less than I did some months ago now, though, as my interests
have become
a bit more pointed again and I find the control I get using the Rollei 35
overcomes some of the limitations of a completely auto camera. I do wish
I could
put a filter on the Minizoom sometimes.

BTW, someone bought a Mini II and had it get damaged in their luggage ...
you
should invest in the very nice case Leica sells for these cameras. Mine
has lived
in its case in my motorcycle luggage, in my hand luggage, in my jacket
pocket,
in my belt bag and on my belt with no damage at all. A well-worth-it $39
investment!

Godfrey