Subject: R lenses Summicron VS summilux
From: John Irvin Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:22:25 -0800

I have two different versions of the R summicron. An older three cam and
a brand new Canadian R only version.  I have the opportunity to trade
both of these for a 50mm F1.4 Summilux.  The reason that I have the older
lens is that I have the matchong Elpro close-up lenses.  But, since I
have gotten the 60mm Macro with the extension tube I do not have a need
for the 50mm lenses. I was thinking of making the change because I think
it would be nice to have a F1.4 for low light shooting.  I am looking for
opinions of people who have had experience with both of these lenses.
Are the summivrons that much better than the Summilux that I should hold
onto one.  How does the performance of the Summilux compare to the
Summicron.

Thanks
John