Subject: Re: Hats?
From: Robert Ridyard <ridyard@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 96 09:16:38 -0500

>>>What in the blazes is a 'Tilley hat'?
>
>Jae replied:
>
>>Otherwise known as "spot the american tourist hat" to those of us
>>from the other side of the pond. ;
>>
>>Sturdy and practical they may be and always to be found advertised
>>in the back of  grey power magazines but they look silly on anyone.
>>"J"
>>

>I think I have seen this "American Tourist Hat", and I agree on the silly
>look.
>
>Oddmund

Oddmund, you may or may not have seen a Tilley hat, but you certainly
haven't tried one. Silly looking or not (de gustibus non disputandem), is
a pleasure to wear. I have several, different colours and models, and
wouldn't trade them for any other headgear.

Check out the Tilley website at:

www.valuenetwork.com/business/tilley.html