Subject: Re: The Leica of...
From: Paul Winkfield <paul@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:41:50 -0500 (EST)

I catch your drift ,/8^| !! There has been a 'dumbing down' of sorts in
all areas of life, Yet, I'm often asked as a computer consultant, 'what
is the best computer I can buy? likewise in bicycles. I love watching the
old TV spy series 'The Avengers' cuz they often come across people who
expound on the qualities shoes, or a great umbreller(sorry, i'm afraid to
try spell it's British name) or the great cut of a shirt or suit(John
Steed was a dapper dresser) There's nothing like the swishing sound when
riding fast on a bike equipped with silk tyres; or the soft ticking of a
mainspring powered clock in a Roll Royce.

I often when showing off my Leica, have a SLR handy and have the user
operate the manual wind on both, then ask: if you're shooting all
day, what would your thumb rather operate?

Once the Malls were invented, the little cottage shops disappered;
replaced by wage-slaves or commissioned clones racing towards beating
some crazed quota. There are few places that will take the time to
describe WHY something is designed that way. Today its 30 to 60 seconds
to tell you you're not complete without this product.

Maybe that's why you don't see anymore the words: 'Quality is remembered
long after price is forgotten'
<paul>
I LoVe my LeIcA!