Subject: Leica / Contax
From: Michael Reichmann <michael.reichmann@alphanet.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:11:35 -0500

Charlie,

Blake Zeigler, the product manager for Contax hangs out on the
Photography Forum on CompuServe as well as REC/PHOTO/35mm.  You might
look him up and ask for more info.

Marc Small, (though I don't know if you two are on speaking terms at the
moment) is an expert on things historical re Contax and might be able to
shed some light on this as well.

While I have the floor, I'm curious to learn who else on this list has
and uses both Contax and Leica gear, particularly Contax on the SLR side
and M series in RF.

Happy New Year to all!

>> The only new Zeiss lens for their SLRs is a limited production 50mm f/1.2 that they introduced a few
>>months ago. Scheesh.

>I'd be interested in knowing just what this lens' background is.  My
>brother, who has been a classic camera dealer for many years, suspects it
>may be an old design resurrected, which makes it a good deal less exciting.

>Thanks for your interesting posts!  Charlie

Michael H. Reichmann
E-mail:	michael.reichmann@alphanet.net