Subject: Re: Fed Up with Hats
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 13:10:34 -0800

Stephen Gandy wrote:

> After deleting 30 or more useless emails about Hats, I'm getting tired
> of it since the List is supposed to be about Leicas.
>
> If you guys think its so interesting, how about starting your own list
> about it?
>
> I don't mind a few digressions here and there, but this is starting to
> get ridiculous.
>
> Please stay on a bit more on topic.
>
> Thanks
>
> Stephen Gandy

This all started with someone asked about shooting in the rain.
Frankly, as one who does a lot of outdoor shooting, the hat issue is
almost more important to me than filters (I've got about 50 and know
when to use them).  It IS on target--for me at least a lot more on
target than discussions of obscure adapters for cameras that have been
out of production for 50 years.  Plus you'll have to admit, the issue
brings out the personalities!!!

So don't stomp on our hats.  Or we'll embarass you by secretly putting
you on the Tilley mailing list.

Donal Philby
San Diego