Subject: Re: Contax/Kyocera Chit-Chat...
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 14:54:08 -0800

LUGs (We're probably all a little nuts),

The Contax discussion has a valid place here on this forum for several
reasons:

1.  It is a viable alternative to Leica (as reference recent
discussion).

2.  Contax is to Leica what Canon is to Nikon--the dog snapping at heels
to keep pushing the envelope.

3.  The foundation of Leica use is usually an appreciation of
quality--and that is something that Contax also exhibits and should be
given credit for maintaining.

4.  The G1 and G2 should be putting the fear of the vengeful photo
god(dess) in Leica (as well it should).  Contax is very close to working
out some of the bugs (clumsy features) that keep the M series still top
of the heap.  This is info we need to know.

5. Leica started a certain kind of artistic sensibility that P&S of many
different brands can achieve today.  The RF sensibility is key, not the
hardware.

Donal Philby
San Diego