Subject: Re: M6 shutter jams open
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 97 00:42:19 -0800

At 16:50 01/01/1997 +1100, George Moore wrote:

<snip>
>To be honest I think I'm still in shock as my built like a tank, M6 has let
>me down for the first time in 6 years
<snip>

It is a common idea that the Leica M is built like a tank. I think that is a
bit exaggerated... Saying that a Nikon F2 or a Rolleiflex TLR is built like
a tank, is less exaggerated. The Leica has a very durable, but complex
shutter system, but for the rest, it *is* quite fragile (cp. the rangefinder
system).=20

Shutter jam might happen at slow speed (1 s)if you push the shutter release
button a second time before the shutter is closed, or before the "bee"
(clockwork) has stopped. This *must* be avoided with any Leica M. I think
you better carry your M6 to the repairman. Good luck, and a Happy New Year!

Oddmund =20
    garvik@i-t.fr  -  Paris, France

La terre est la m=E8re de tous les peuples
et tous les peuples devraient avoir des=20
droits =E9gaux sur elle.
                     =20
 Joseph [Hinmaton Yalatkit] (1830-1904)
            Chef Nez Perc=E9		=09