Subject: No AF!
From: Rainer Mueller <uh3b207@hpmail.lrz-muenchen.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 02:16:49 +0100 (MET)

During the Christmas days, I visited my cousin in Wetzlar
who works at Leica (although not in the camera division).
Politeness with regard to our wives demanded that
we talked about our children most of the time (which I will
not repeat here). However, there were two points that may
be interesting to us all:
1. There will be no AF in the near future. He said this
   clearly. I forgot to ask what purpose the mysterious
   gold contacts in the R8 have, but they seem to be unrelated
   to an AF.
2. They seem to be unaware of us. At least my cousin had not
   heard about the LUG. I will give him the e-mail address.
   Let's hope that it spreads around in Solms.

Regards, Rainer

Rainer Mueller, Munich, Germany