Subject: Re: Hyperfocal Technique
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 97 01:04:36 -0000

>I would be very interested in hearing some ways that you have used the
>hyperfocal focus using M system. Are there anything unusual that you do. Do
>you use it often and under what conditions.

I use scale focusing almost all the time, with most lenses under 50mm
on 35mm cameras. Also on my Minox subminis. Using the hyperfocal is
easy when critical focus is not necessary ... and that's any time you
can use an aperture of f/8 or smaller and the primary subject is more than
5-6 feet away from you. There's nothing particularly unusual about how I
go about it. On lenses with DOF markings, I just set the focus limits
according to the marks. On some without the DOF marks, and with zooms, I
use the table in the Kodak Pocket Photoguide to estimate hyperfocal
distance
with different focal length settings.

Godfrey