Subject: Re: Hyperfocal Technique
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:41:40 -0500 (EST)

At 03:58 PM 1/5/97 GMT, you wrote:
>I would be very interested in hearing some ways that you have used the
>hyperfocal focus using M system. Are there anything unusual that you do. Do
>you use it often and under what conditions.
>
>Arnold
>Arnold Don Abravanel
>arniea@loop.com

I suppose this isn't technically "hyperfocal distance" but, in addition to
what's already been said, it's useful with landscape photography where you
may want a lot of items at different distances from you in focus.  My
method:  Measure the distance to the nearest item, to the furthest item,
then see what focus point and f-stop is required to get it all into focus
using the DOF scale on the lens, then stop down one extra stop to improve
the quality.  Of course, even with the last step, not everything "in focus"
will be equally sharp.  You have to decide what's acceptable to you.
Charles E. Love, Jr.
CEL14@CORNELL.EDU