Subject: Re: thanks for tripod help
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:35:45 -0500 (EST)

At 01:42 AM 1/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:16 PM 05-01-97 -0800, you wrote:
>>Just before the poll closes:
>>
>>       I use a small, all metal, TILTALL with my M6 and have been very
>>happy with it.  It is very compact and the controls are all made very well.
>>If I remember correctly, it was only around $60CAN!
>>
>and wasn't the Tiltall distributed by Leica (Leitz) at one time?
>
>Dan C.

Actually, the Tiltall was made by Leitz USA in Rockleigh--mine has a 'Leitz
USA" label on it.  They then sold the Tiltall franchise to someone else who
made it for a while.  (Attention collectors: they even made a 25th
anniversary one in silver color!)  I haven't seen one in a store for a
while--wonder if it still exists?

I often use the Tiltall "Junior" with the Leitz large ball-and-socket head
for M, R with small lenses, and even the medium format Mamiya 7.  This rig
is too light for long lenses, macro shots and heavy cameras.  When I really
get into perfection mode, I use my Gitzo 320 with Studioball head--but it's
BIG and HEAVY.  It's especially good with the 100 macro--made a real,
noticeable difference over the large Tiltall in the field.

Charlie

Charles E. Love, Jr.
CEL14@CORNELL.EDU