Subject: M6 meter not sensitive enough?
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 00:37:17 +0100

Hi, I have an M6 not long ago, and recently, I was shooting with my 50/2
Summicron at a well lighted nightclub with T-Max 3200. The red led arrows
seemed to suggest me more light (One arrow facing right >), but as soon as
I turned the aperture ring to the right, the arrow dissappeared. I
continued turning until f/2, and didnīt see any arrow again. I turned the
speed dial again and again until 1 sec and nothing happened. I then turned
the film speed to 6400 and still nothing happened.

Even if I am and will always be an amateur, I could swear that in darker
situations and with a modern SLR,  f/2, 1 second exposure at 6400 ASA would
have been more than enough. With my LEICA it seemed to be NOT enough. Which
makes me suspect of the meter.

Is this the normal behaviour when the meter cannot measure the available
light? If so, I would get very disappointed because as I said, there was
enough light I think for modern SLRīs to at least predict the correct
exposure. Maybe I should start thinking seriously of investing in a
sensitive meter. But again, the M6 was supposed to be a serious investment.

	Thanks to anyone that can throw some light into this, even if my Leica
meter canīt catch it.

	Nico.