Subject: Loose M6 Range-viewfinder eyepiece
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 00:37:20 +0100

When I came home from buying my M6, I started touching every single
milimiter of it. I literaly made love to it (or should I say her?). One of
my mistakes was that I unscrewed the Range-viewfinder eyepiece just not to
have an unexplored spot of the skin of my Leica. I screwed it back strong
but surely not as strong as it came from the factory. This Christmas I was
shooting in the jungle at Iguazu Falls (Argentina & Brazil) and then at
downtown Buenos Aires. Suddenly, I realized that the eyepiece was missing,
and that without it I couldn't shoot looking through the finder.
It took me a half day to find the Leica distributors at Buenos Aires. They
seemed not to have sold a Leica in years, they didn't have the piece, nor
any other piece of any kind. Big mess. Fortunately this happened at the end
of my stay in Argentina.
I am back in Madrid, SPAIN, and I´ve seen that some shops sell the
eyepieces for correcting defectuous eyesights (around 100 $) but for the
original eyepiece, I have to go to the authorized repair-shop (they are
also the distributors in Spain).
Fortunately, I´ve been told, it won´t be as expensive as the correction
ones.

So, in conclusion: If you unscrew it or change it for another one, screw it
really hard.

Hope this helps.

				Nico.