Subject: A Rollei 35 instead of a Minox 35? OFFTOPIC
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 18:14:48 +0000

As we had several discussions about small pocket-cameras
and Minox is now owned by Leica I think you won't mind me asking this
question.

I didn't use my Minox 35MB for long as I am a little disappointed by
its optics which are--to me a least and maybe I got a bad sample--
not as good as my SLR-lenses.

I recently saw several Rollei 35 (T, S, SE) and I think about
exchanging the Minox for such a camera preferably with a 2.8 sonnar.

Do you think this will be an upgrade in terms of optical performance
that is noticeable in slide projection or big enlargements?
How do you like the Rollei's handling?
Anyone who used both of them?

thanks for your opinion!

Stefan

PS. Maybe you should send your thoughts on this as personal mail
because I have to admit that it is offtopic but I know that I may
find the most competent audience right here.
- --
Stefan Kahlert
Wissenschaftliche Abteilung der
Medizinischen Poliklinik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de