Subject: Re: M6 meter not sensitive enough?
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 21:07:39 +0000

> Hi, I have an M6 not long ago, and recently, I was shooting with my 50/2
> Summicron at a well lighted nightclub with T-Max 3200. The red led arrows
> seemed to suggest me more light (One arrow facing right >), but as soon as
> I turned the aperture ring to the right, the arrow dissappeared.

I don't own a M6 but as I read in the catalogues and on the LUG the
LEDs should be blinking if there is not enough light.
You can test this by leaving the lens-cap on.
What you encountered was most likely not a lack of light light but
- --as Marc pointed out--a blackout.
(don't kick me for asking that but are you sure you pressed the
shutter again after the LEDs turned black as the meter switches
off automatically after 10sec?).

As you write in your post about the lost eyepiece you bought the
camera just a few weeks ago. In any case I would recommend that
you carefully read the manual if you didn't do this right after you
bought it. That is always a good idea.

regards

Stefan

- --
Stefan Kahlert,
Medizinische Poliklnik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de