Subject: Re: Leica ain't perfect...
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 09:25:58 +0000

> 	Amazingly, I've NEVER had pieces fall off of any other
> 	cameras that I've used over the years - mostly Nikons.
> 	But like sticking with an old friend, I seem to always
> 	hang onto my Leica. Maybe it's silly.

Wolfgang,

I have lost my Nikons eyepiece once. The dealer where I got a new one
told me that this maybe his most often sold Nikon part.
(eyepiece for Nikon FE/FM-series).

I think the Leica is just a normal camera in this regard.

What I wonder about is: From the mails of the LUGnuts who reported
they lost lost their eyepiece I get the impression that it isn't
possible to photograph without the eyepiece. Is this true and does
this mean the eyepiece isn't just a piece of flat glass?

Stefan
- --
Stefan Kahlert,
Medizinische Poliklnik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de