Subject: Re: M6 meter not sensitive enough?
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 17:33:24 +0100

- ----------
> From: Stefan Kahlert <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: M6 meter not sensitive enough?
> Date: mi=E9rcoles 8 de enero de 1997 22:07
>=20
> > Hi, I have an M6 not long ago, and recently, I was shooting with my
50/2
> > Summicron at a well lighted nightclub with T-Max 3200. The red led
arrows
> > seemed to suggest me more light (One arrow facing right >), but as so=
on
as
> > I turned the aperture ring to the right, the arrow dissappeared.=20
>=20
> I don't own a M6 but as I read in the catalogues and on the LUG the=20
> LEDs should be blinking if there is not enough light.
> You can test this by leaving the lens-cap on.
> What you encountered was most likely not a lack of light light but
> --as Marc pointed out--a blackout.
> (don't kick me for asking that but are you sure you pressed the=20
> shutter again after the LEDs turned black as the meter switches=20
> off automatically after 10sec?).
>=20
> As you write in your post about the lost eyepiece you bought the=20
> camera just a few weeks ago. In any case I would recommend that=20
> you carefully read the manual if you didn't do this right after you=20
> bought it. That is always a good idea.
>=20
> regards
>=20
> Stefan
>=20
> =20
> --
> Stefan Kahlert,=20
> Medizinische Poliklnik der Universitaet Bonn
> uzs13b@uni-bonn.de=20

Thank you Stefan for your advice, but I had already read the manual, it
talked about flashing leds, but this feature was implemented some years
ago. The earlier models didn=B4t behave this way. I bought mine second ha=
nd,
but think that the shop gave me the newest manual.

And I want to clarify, regarding the post of my problem that yes,  I
pressed the shutter several times, the cap wasn=B4t on, etc... Another de=
tail
which I hadn=B4t mentioned, is that it=B4s a new battery (about 20 rolls =
shot
with it).