Subject: Something's Wrong Folks
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 14:54:42 -0800

after reading for the past several weeks about micl problems, whether
they be battery caps, loctite, lens coatings, or plastic parts that used
to be metal, the obvious occurred to me:

Something's wrong at Solms folks:  quality and quality control have
taken a vacation.  If Leica were a medium priced camera, this level of
quality would be fine.

But at these prices, no way.

I suspect that a lot of the reason why Leica management makes these cost
cutting decisions is that no one is complaining loud enough to them.

its the old squeaky wheel theory.   if no one is complaining, they are
getting away with it, so they keep it up.

If LUG members make it our business to complain to Leica about quality
lapses, we just might make an impact.   (whether individually, or as a
group--whatever)

I'm curious if others think it is a worthwhile effort.   Since sitting
back and doing nothing is obviously not helping Leica, perhaps a lot of
loud voices will!!!

Stephen Gandy