Subject: Re: Nothing's Wrong, Folks
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 20:38:16 -0500

Good heavens.  I have used Leica gear manufactured from the early 1930's to
the present.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with the equipment
manufactured today.  The mere replacement of a metal component by a plastic
one, without more, isn't bad --  if it reduces the working ability or life
of the item, sure, but, if not, then there's nothing wrong with the change.

And Leicas are HAND-ASSEMBLED.  That means that there will be variations
between items which won't be found on more mundane gear.  The best will be
better, the worst ... well, that's why Leica has a guarantee.

Complain if you will about shoddy SERVICE or warranty responses, but the
equipment is better than ever.  And, frankly, the service I've gotten has
been superb, as well.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!