Subject: Re: Something's Wrong Folks
From: Brian Levy <dlevy@worldy.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 09:19:13 -0500

Actually, with all this traffic about M6 problems, I am wondering if anybody
has had a trouble free one.

You all have reinforced my committment to my CL. It may not have the
reputation of the M6; now I wonder what the M6 reputation is, but the CL is
reliable and no parts fall off.

At 02:54 PM 1/9/97 -0800, you wrote:
>after reading for the past several weeks about micl problems, whether
>they be battery caps, loctite, lens coatings, or plastic parts that used
>to be metal, the obvious occurred to me:
>
>Something's wrong at Solms folks:  quality and quality control have
>taken a vacation.  If Leica were a medium priced camera, this level of
>quality would be fine.
>
>But at these prices, no way.
>
>I suspect that a lot of the reason why Leica management makes these cost
>cutting decisions is that no one is complaining loud enough to them.
>
>its the old squeaky wheel theory.   if no one is complaining, they are
>getting away with it, so they keep it up.
>
>If LUG members make it our business to complain to Leica about quality
>lapses, we just might make an impact.   (whether individually, or as a
>group--whatever)
>
>I'm curious if others think it is a worthwhile effort.   Since sitting
>back and doing nothing is obviously not helping Leica, perhaps a lot of
>loud voices will!!!
>
>Stephen Gandy

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.