Subject: Re: Leica ain't perfect...
From: ohtonen@NTCGEN01HE.ntc.nokia.com (Ohtonen Pasi NTC/Helsinki)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 16:08:30 +0200

> From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
<snip>
> If you look through the M6 without the eyepiece, you can hardly
distinguish
> some of the lines of the frames, and see tiny red spots (the leds) but the
> image is totally blurred and I would say impossible to compose.

I lost the same piece last summer. It was not the end of picture taking
thanks
to bright exposure led's and focusing scale in the 35mm lens (with 135mm,
the
framing would have been a bit harder...)

<snip>
> Yesterday I went to Leica distributors in Spain, bought the damn piece (75
> $), and they suggested that they would better screw it with a "special
> machine for that purpose" (????????). I said yes, they took my M6 inside
> and in aprox. 3 minutes they gave it to me. At least, the guy was cool

Local Leica service did fix the new eyepiece with small amount of lacquer of

some sort. I did not ask specifically, what it was. The cost was $83 here in
Finland.

BTW, I also agree with the battery cover - it has it's problems too. Mine is
an '86
Wetzlar model.

Pasi Ohtonen