Subject: Re: Date of birth of my M6?
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:45:32 -0800

Dan Cardish wrote:

> At 04:15 PM 11-01-97 +0100, Nico wrote:
> >Could anybody please tell me when was my M6 born? (sn: 1706600)
>
> Not long after mine (1704484).  I think it was built in mid 1980s, though I
> am not exactly sure...
>
> Dan C.

My M6 is 1773745.  I see what I believe is the earlier mentioned crimp
on eyepiece. (I'm not even going to think about fooling with it!)  My
battery cover loosens periodically... once to the point of losing meter
function but not losing the cover/holder.  I just check it a few times
during the course of the day without much thought.  I will come up with
something to put on threads to discourage loosening, I just don't want
to need a pliers and hammer to change out batteries!
Mike Gardner
of day and retighten if necessary