Subject: Re: Summaron 35/2.8 w/eyes assembly?
From: dwp@deltanet.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 97 15:58:41

In <32D8084C.54E4@earthlink.net>, on 01/11/97 at 09:40 PM,
   Lynne & Christopher <whowell@earthlink.net> said:

>Hello.

>I was hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of the LUG about the
>bugeyes on a 35/2.8 Summaron. I recently purchased this lens and after
>careful inspection I've noticed that the rectangle part of the eyes is a
>little cloudy. The glass that seems affected is the curved one on the
>inside. Is this something that I could carefully disassemble and clean
>myself or is this aligned like the lens itself? Could this be dirt or is
>it possible for this part of the eyes to separate? The rest of the lens
>looks as if it was hardly ever used and it was still in the original box.
>Any help would greatly be appreciated.

>Regards,
>Christopher

Christopher,

I really don't know about this but I think its a job for a qualified
repairman.  For a start you might call Leica and discuss it with them.  If
they suggest sending it in ask when they are having a lens 'tune up'
special and try to keep it till you get a better price.  Also, there are
some independent repairmen that  are highly recommended but I don't have a
list.  Guess we still need that FAQ here.

Best regards
Dennis

Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown

http://users.deltanet.com/users/dwp