Subject: To Fred Ward... you have my support!
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:54:45 -0800

At 01:05 AM 1/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>So much for NET courtesy and what we thought was a gentlemen s club.
>
>Fred Ward

It still is a gentlemen's club. It's a Leica list. Most Leica people I know
seem a little more (I'm searching for a word...) "refined" or "educated"
(you know what I mean.) However, there is always one or two people in any
group that refuse to play by the "rules." It's funny how most people know
instinctively what the "rules" are and if even in error, do something not
condoned, will feel remorse and apologize all over the place. Your
published words, in any medium, are still your words. You cannot, in
public, ridicule someone without risk of a slander suit. So what did Marc
do that's different? He was the catalyst for your public embarrassment.
Even those people who don't want to play by the "rules" usually do because
they don't want to suffer the consequences. Marc gets his own entry in my
Eudora "trash" filter. My "in" mailbox will no longer collect messages from
Marc. They go straight to the trash.

Jim